AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Lake Wales, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares.
AdventHealth Medical Group Neuropsychology
Full Time Opportunity for a Clinical Neuropsychologist – Lifespan (16+; Adult emphasis)
Serving the AdventHealth Winter Park and Orlando Community
AHMG Neuropsychology located in Winter Park, Florida is seeking to hire a clinical neuropsychologist to provide comprehensive neuropsychological services to our diverse patient population with an emphasis on adults 16+ years of age. We are seeking a fellowship trained, board eligible/certified clinical neuropsychologist with experience in assessment and treatment of a wide range of neurological, cognitive, and behavioral conditions. This may include adults presenting with a history of childhood onset conditions, new onset adult neurological injury and/or disease, and neurodegenerative disorders. The neuropsychology team is part of the AdventHealth Neuroscience program and works closely with multiple multidisciplinary medical teams including neurosurgery, oncology, memory disorder clinic, and rehabilitation medicine to provide services to patients with a wide range of conditions.
• Typical referrals include: Medical and neurological conditions such as TBI, concussion, brain tumor, seizure disorder, autoimmune disorders, memory disorders, and neurodegenerative conditions.
• The provider will also see: Adults presenting with ADHD, learning disability, developmental delays, and neuro-behavioral disorders with anxiety, depression, and other co-morbid psychosocial, behavioral and psychiatric concerns.
• This position is primarily clinical and heavily assessment focused; however, delivery of psychotherapy and treatment is also expected (approximately 10-20%) primarily in following patients initially seen for neuropsychological evaluation.
• There are ample opportunities for supervision of graduate students and post-doctoral fellows, and participation in didactic seminars as presented and attendee (e.g., tumor boards, grand rounds).
• The possibility of conducting research is also available.
• Provide comprehensive services including assessment, parent and family consultation and education, and interventions for patients.
• Work closely with AdventHealth’s Sports Concussion Program and local high school athletic programs, performing brief and comprehensive assessments, concussion management, and education regarding return to play.
Schedule Details :
• Combination of outpatient and inpatient responsibility.
• Campuses covered Winter Park and Orlando
• Schedule is Monday – Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM with flexibility and potential of extended hours
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Doctorate in Clinical Neuropsychology or Clinical Psychology with a neuropsychology track from an accredited (APA or CPA) university and be licensed or license-eligible in Florida.
• Completed a 2-year post-doctoral residency in Neuropsychology and be eligible for board certification in neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP).
AdventHealth Winter Park, a part of AdventHealth Orlando, formerly Winter Park Memorial Hospital was chartered in 1951. The hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 382-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness. Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, AdventHealth Winter Park’s Outpatient Center and Women's Services, cancer care at AdventHealth’s Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-winter-park)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: A022-ORL
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.