AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager Inpatient Rehab 10K Sign On Bonus FT Nights in Winter Park, Florida
Location Address: 200 N. Lakemont Ave. Winter Park FL, 32789
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Winter Park
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
- AdventHealth Winter Park is the home to a new, 60 bed, state-of-of-the-art Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility. Advanced technologies and equipment are integrated into the care delivery model and physical design to optimize patient outcomes.
- Patients in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility receive aggressive therapy services and whole person care to assist them in restoring their capabilities and returning home. Each team member of the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility is vitally important to the patient’s success through an integrated, whole-person approach to rehabilitative care. The AdventHealth Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility, founded in 1961, is accredited for Comprehensive, Stroke, and Brain Injury specialty programs through the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilitates.
- Full Time Nights 7p-7a
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Must live 50 or more miles from 601 East Rollins Dr., Orlando, FL to qualify.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
- Lead the Employees – Has a working knowledge of performance expectations for all employees on the unit.
- Monitors performance of the staff and report’s findings to the nurse manager or takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to make recommendations to supervisor/manager regarding:
- Applicant selection for interview and input into the hiring process after actively participating in the interview process.
- Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Support performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Critical Thinking – Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties as an ANM
- Supports the planning, organizing, and leading of the unit through application of critical thinking skills
- Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state, and national level.
- Is highly knowledgeable in the supply and medication management systems of the unit
What Will You Need:
- Associate’s degree or Diploma in Nursing
- Specific experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Prior management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Professional certification
The ANM is a registered professional nurse who supports the Nurse Manager or Director in overall operations of their assigned unit. Is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The ANM is skilled in coaching, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services to our patient population. The ANM assures quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. Is supportive of change activities on their unit and works to assure implementation of change that may occur. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.