All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Schedule: Full-Time Shift : Night's Monday-Friday 10:00 pm-06:30 am rotating weekends Location: Winter Park, FL
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Ability to learn and use the Laboratory Information Systems.
• Ability and willingness to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
• Ability to learn laboratory rules and regulations including: CAP, CLIA and State regulations.
• Ability to perform venipuncture and microtainer collection.
• Ensure specimens are correctly labeled and orders are received.
• Documents temperatures of equipment, performs preventative maintenance of equipment.
• Performs Microbiology duties assigned, including Micro specimen processing, slide preparation and staining, culture setups, and handle positive blood cultures.
• Performs desk duties, fax results, answer phones, reprint labels, calls the floors and reschedule the recollects.
• Performs cross training within the laboratory and performs additional duties as assigned.
• Monitors reference labs reports and requests results that are overdue.
• Maintains appropriate inventory and places supply orders as needed.
• Mentors new employees and ensures competency documentation is completed.
• Demonstrates commitment to professional and personal growth – i.e. completes all mandatory educational requirements, maintains departmental competencies, completes all assigned policy and procedure reviews, 100 % review of assigned departmental meeting minutes and information, and acts as a preceptor as needed.
• Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost and impact for departmental practice in the delivery of laboratory services.
• Employee demonstrates good time management avoiding casual overtime and adheres to hospital policy regarding to break and lunch periods.
• Assists with staff schedule preparation as requested.
• Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include:
o Collects patient, physician and test order information in order to create patient accounts. This includes verifying patient identification, insurance information, physician credentials and test order requirements.
o Blood specimen collection to include phlebotomy and skin puncture for all age groups
o General equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation
o Receives, and processes patient specimens which includes separating specimens by centrifugation prior to testing. May include transporting.
o Aliquots different sample types, if needed, and either loads preanalytical instruments, which include automated stainers, or delivers them to the testing department
o Cytopreparatory staining
o Accessioning of surgical cases that requires a knowledge of anatomy.
o Receive and set up cultures. Inoculation of different petri dishes for bacterial growth
o Blood and/or Blood Component processing, storing, shipping, modifying and selecting compatible products using a validated Transfusion Information System
o Performs periodic preventive instrument maintenance and quality assurance procedures as assigned
o Cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces, and other pre-analytical activities.
o Inventory control and supply stocking
• Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied; properly stores documentation and paperwork.
• Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing as needed to support assigned department.
• Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and receptionist duties.
• Assists the Laboratory management with special projects as assigned.
• Assists in teaching new staff and students when assigned.
• May act as a preceptor when teaching new staff and Students when assigned.
• Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff.
• Participates in, and has knowledge of, laboratory and hospital Performance Improvement activities, including evaluation of new equipment and/or procedures or methods.
• Performs waived testing, and associated, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting, documentation and result reporting, if applicable
• Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies; protects confidentiality of patient information and results at all times.
• Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, from neo-nates through geriatric patients.
• Follows appropriate safety policies including the appropriate use of PPE, handwashing, and hazardous chemical handling. Demonstrates understanding and adheres to Chemical Hygiene plan and Infection Control policies. Employee job duties may include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area; employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling hazardous waste) and refresher training to include proper handling and transport of hazardous waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
• High School degree or equivalent
• Two years of related laboratory experience
The Lead Laboratory Assistant assists the Supervisor in coordinating the daily nontechnical activities of the Laboratory and may be the provider of orientation and training for newly hired, as well as, providing updated in-service to the Laboratory Assistants and Phlebotomists. Acts as the “In Charge” person over the Specimen Processing Area and Phlebotomy during the times the Supervisor is absent. Also performs waived testing and result reporting, if applicable.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Park
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23038852
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $17.87 - $23.06
Location: Winter Park, FL
Job ID: 23038852
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day