AdventHealth Medical Assistant Weight & Wellness Part-time Days in Winter Park, Florida
Medical Assistant Weight & Wellness Part-time Days - AdventHealth Medical Group
Location: 1801 Lee Rd, Winter Park, FL 32789
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
Work Hours/Shift: Fulltime Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Ensures all test results and correspondence are available in practice’s designated system for the provider’s review at the time of patient visit or as otherwise necessary.
- Screens patients for appropriate information and documents accordingly in the practice’s designated system. Accurately instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Effectively explains procedures and treatments to patients and to significant others when necessary. Ensures consents for treatment are executed according to AdventHealth Medical Group guidelines.
- Ensures efficient office flow by preparing patient and equipment for the needed treatment and initiates testing and documents results into the practice’s designated system when appropriate.
- Responds to patient requests in a timely manner and accurately documents accordingly.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
Graduate of a Medical Assistant program required.
Accredited program preferred.
Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC)
- American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
- National Healthcareer Association (“NHA”) for Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Current, valid CPR certification is required.
- Experience with computers required.
- 1 year medical office experience preferred.
- Must be willing to float to other AdventHealth Medical Group practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
The Medical Assistant, under general supervision, provides appropriate care to patients as well as follows AdventHealth service standards. This includes safely and effectively greeting patients, obtaining clinical information, financial and demographic information. Responsible for assisting providers during treatment and examination and may assist with procedures and medication administration as ordered by the provider. Performs office duties as needed; which includes but is not limited to, verifying insurance, collecting copays and scheduling necessary appointments.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central FL
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.