AdventHealth Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Rehab - Winter Park AdventHealth - TN in Winter Park, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Rehab – AdventHealth Winter Park
Location Address: 200 North Lakemont Avenue
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
- Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
- Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
• TN – On Call – Variable Days - We are looking for 8-9 hours of coverage per shift offered, starting between 7-9 am. There are no set days – we would be asking this person to reserve availability multiple shifts/week to cover any gaps we have. The employee turns in their availability and we coordinate shifts for them to cover when there is a known need. On occasion, we may also ask for coverage with less notice depending on circumstances. Initially, we may need heavier availability for the 1st 2 weeks or so for onboarding and training.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements, and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, and timely with legible handwriting. Uses measurable and objective terminology following standards of practice, insurance guidelines and department/hospital policy and procedures.
- Charges patient accurately, timely and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format and following insurance guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis, including discharge recommendations. Documents education and understanding as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy and five years of work experience in Occupational Therapy, OR
- Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Licensed in the State of Florida as an Occupational Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the acute care, inpatient and/or outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation Department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise other Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants, volunteers, technical aides and interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.