All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift : Day shift (Travel to other campus as needed.)
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Winter Park
· Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
· Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
· Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
The role you’ll contribute:
The Radiation Therapist is a registered and licensed professional who is responsible for administering therapeutic radiation in accordance with the physician’s prescription to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Verifies the physician’s prescription and treatment parameters daily to ensure accurate treatment of the patient in accordance with the prescription and treatment plan. Identifies the treatment volume and positions the patient in a consistent and reproducible manner
· Assesses the patients’ needs and actively seeks to resolve any potential problems or conflicts. Seeks advice from supervisor as necessary. Treats the patient in a timely and courteous manner. Handles stressful situations appropriately and demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients of all ages. Clinically observes patient reactions to treatment and assists in accommodating the patient through the treatment process
· Performs all aspects of CT Simulation. Under the direction of the physician may administer contrast agents during simulation localization. Immediately reports and documents adverse reactions to the managing physician and operational manager
· Evaluates prescribed imaging and makes requested changes within 24 hours. Accurately documents treatment information in the patient electronic record. Utilizes the record and verify system
· Reviews all new starts for consistency prior to treatment. Checks the blocks, simulation documents, dose calculation sheet, prescription, field photos to verify patient positioning and field orientation. Checks record and verify system for prescription, treatment parameters, doses, treatment accessories and monitor units. Documents in the EHR that the medical plan was reviewed for consistency
· Performs morning Quality Assurance (QA) on the treatment unit. Assesses whether all equipment is operating according to physics policy. Calls appropriate person immediately after equipment malfunctions
· Assists in maintaining department supplies
· May provide supervised education experiences for students that fulfill curriculum requirements of the academic institution
· Performs additional duties as requested
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High School Degree/GED or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Radiation Therapy Associate in Science Degree or Years of experience equivalent
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
· Licensed by the State as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Winter Park
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23042229
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: -
Location: Winter Park, FL
Job ID: 23042229
Job Family: Radiology/Imaging
Shift: 1 - Day