AdventHealth Registration Representative Outpatient Rehab Float Orlando FT Day in Winter Park, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Full Time Day Shift
- Meets or exceeds accuracy standard goal determined by Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Leadership. Ensures integrity of patient accounts by working error reports daily, entering accurate data, and documenting all attempts made to collect and/or obtain missing documentation.
- Meets or exceeds upfront collection standard goal assigned to location of responsibility to protect the financial standing of Florida Hospital. Proactively seeks assistance to improve collections. Reviews all collection reports timely, as assigned by leadership.
- Performs eligibility and benefits verification and re-verification applicable to patient’s visit. Uses utmost caution that authorizations and pre-certifications are correct and as accurate as possible to avoid rejections and/or denials. Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of utilizing online eligibility and pre-certification tools made available.
- Takes responsibility for current monthly standard of total patient wait time in department, by ensuring all pre-registered and walk-in patient accounts are created and/or completed timely. During peak registration times, supports department by ensuring patients are processed through system protocols quickly, as outlined by Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine customer service escalation plan.
- Daily prepares to begin work immediately, by being at workstation as scheduled by department leadership to offer continuous patient service and be available for all clinical partners’ registration needs. Maintains schedule flexibility and effective time management by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) (Preferred)
- Medical office experience (Preferred)
The Registration Representative, under general supervision, registers patients, ensuring patient demographics and account information are appropriate for patient account type as determined by patient’s visit and as directed by Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Leadership. Meets or exceeds accuracy and upfront collection standard goals monthly. Explains clearly and thoroughly the financial assessments, authorizations/pre-certifications, and/or benefit memos on patient accounts to ensure expeditious billing and to protect the financial standing of Florida Hospital. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.