AdventHealth Assistant Director of Nursing ADON Full Time in Zephyrhills, Florida
Assistant Director of Nursing AdventHealth Care Center Zephyrhills South
Location Address: 38250 A. Ave, Zephyrhills FL33542
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Care Center Zephyrhills South
- Skilled Nursing Facility
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Full Time/ Day
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Provide leadership in formulating the philosophy of the in-service education programs in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of Nursing Service.
· In coordination with the Director of Nursing, determines needs of employees and implements a program of instruction designed to meet those needs. Confers with supervisor/nursing staff to determine the need for training to design programs for increase job proficiency and morale.
· Develops and directs orientation programs for all nursing personnel.
· Plans, coordinates, and conducts regular and special in-service training sessions for staff to familiarize them with new procedures, policies, and changes in resident care techniques.
· Develop, maintain, and utilize records pertinent to in-service programs.
· Keeps current on professional and industry standards, regulations and trends by attending professional seminars, institutes and reading professional journals, and confers with the DON for any necessary revisions in current educational program criteria.
· Is aware of resident current care needs and participates in purposeful rounding daily to review resident conditions and staff approaches to resident care.
· May be designated as the infection control preventionist.
· Supervises the manner in which physicians’ orders are implemented.
· Evaluates nursing procedures and makes recommendations for equipment replacement or procurement to the DON.
· Works as RN coverage on the unit when needed.
· Will utilize and maintain the mandated Education Manual as necessary.
· Assume the duties of the DON in her/his absence.
· Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Job Summary :
Assists in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern the center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director. Assists in planning, organizing, and directing educational programs relating to training orientation and in-service education.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Zephyrhills South
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.