AdventHealth Assistant Nurse Manager Progressive Care Unit FT Nights in Zephyrhills, Florida
- AdventHealth Zephyrhills Named One of America?s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row ?2017-2019? by the Women?s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Drives patient experience on the department ensuring the team is utilizing the tools and concepts as designed.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department?s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Drives interdepartmental through-put by collaborating and leading the teams.
- Ensures that quality metrics are top decile in their department.
- Assists the Manager/Director in development, implementation and evaluation of on-going service programs which assure quality nursing, and patient care programs consistent with the hospital mission.
- Assists the Manager/Director to monitor/maintain unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Collaborates with Manager/Director to oversee unit PI program that monitors and evaluate.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Active Florida RN license required upon hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification upon hire.
- Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification upon hire.
- 8 hours Stroke Education within 6 months of hire date, then 4 hours annually.
- NIHSS Certification within 6 months of hire date, then renewed biannually.
- 4 hours Hip & Knee Replacement Education within 6 months of hire date, then annually.
The Assistant Nurse Manager (ANM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The Assistant Nurse Manager is directly responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The Assistant Nurse Manager is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The Assistant Nurse Manager is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The Assistant Nurse Manager directly monitors that quality of care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of resources. The Assistant Nurse Manager is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and are responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo in conjunction with their Manager/Director. The Assistant Nurse Manager actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.