AdventHealth Certified Sterile Processing Tech Full Time Days 9am-5:30pm Possible $5000 Sign On Bonus Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Full Time Sterile Processing Tech Days at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
? FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America?s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row ?2017-2019? by the Women?s Choice Award
? Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
? One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
? Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
? First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days, 9am to 5:30pm, 40 hours per week.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Receives and process contaminated equipment, trays, instruments and carts from appropriate area
- Inspects all instruments for cleanliness and condition, removing defective items.
- Assembles and/or restocks all trays, kits and packs pursuant to department policy and procedures and priority level, verifying that they have been properly wrapped and labeled.
- Operates sterilizers, washers and other processing equipment in accordance with department policy, maintaining accurate and detailed sterilization records.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical and product terminology as well as the location of trays, instruments, supplies and equipment to expedite service.
- Resterilizes/replaces all dated items prior to or on outdate, having a complete knowledge of sterilization methods, requirements and responsibilities.
- Has knowledge of and observes all infection control policy and procedures at all times.
- Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol.
- Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
- Delivers items processed by Sterile Processing and puts away supplies as needed.
- Works closely with the personnel in the Surgical Services Department, and other Hospital departments in a cooperative effort.
- Demonstrates good customer relations and good telephone etiquette, responsive to physicians/staff/departmental and patient needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Cleans and sterilizes all surgical instruments according to the standard AAMI processing guidelines.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts and good judgment within the scope of practice, reflecting knowledge of instruments and/or trays to be pulled for the procedure.
- Uses computer to access OR schedule information and print preference cards.
- Can differentiate how each instrument is properly decontaminated.
- Correctly operates all equipment: i.e. Cart washer, Automatic instrument washers and Ultrasonic instrument cleaner, sterilizers etc.
- Maintains high level disinfectant solution for CVOR TEE probe.
- Assists with routine monthly of all equipment as directed.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Completion of High School/GED
- Graduate of Surgical Technology or sterile processing school/course or equivalent trainingEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in the surgical setting is preferredLICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current certification for SPD within one year of employment; and or CST certification.
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician (SPT) are accountable for performing routine sterile processing tasks,such as but not limited to: disassembles, cleans, assembles, sterilizes, and stores procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedures and aseptic technique under direct supervision of clinical charge.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.