AdventHealth CV Services Unit Coordinator Full Time Days in Zephyrhills, Florida
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America?s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row ?2017-2019? by the Women?s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Perform various duties relating to the updating and organizing of information on the nursing unit as illustrated by the following;
- Monitor patient telemetry
- Maintenance tasks relating to the medical record
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner; direct calls to appropriate individuals, and relay messages
- Fax and photocopy information as needed
- Ensure established inventories of forms and office supplies.
- Maintain electronic patient tracking boards
- Schedules surgical patient appointments and procedures as appropriate
- Coordinate specific work tasks with other personnel within the unit as well as within other units and departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
Provides for patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials, answering patient call lights and requests, transporting patients, and reporting observations to the RN.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to read, wright and communicate in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Safe and efficient use of telephones, copier/fax machines, and computers.
- Completion of a Telemetry class within six months of start
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Telemetry training within six months of start date.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
The CV Services Unit Coordinator (CVUC) is responsible for providing World Class patient care in the critical care setting. The CVUC will:
- Welcome guests to the unit
- Act as the unit communication liaison for patients, family, faculty and medical staff
- Recognize and communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers about changes in patient?s cardiac rhythm
- Respond quickly and accurately to changes in the patient?s cardiac rhythm
- Communicate with nursing staff and physicians in a timely and professional manner
- Perform general clerical duties as assigned, placing consults and calls to the physicians, facilitating patient flow through the admission, discharge and transfer process
- Maintain patient records, appropriate forms and files and office supplies for the department
- Collect statistical data for CQI initiatives
- Participate in performance improvement and CQI activities in the critical care areas
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and nursing leadership to create a work environment that emphasizes learning rather than blame
- Assist in promoting an atmosphere where the critical care staff can openly discuss process improvement and systems corrections without fear of reprisal.
The CVUC is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, and patient promise of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of regulatory standards, established policies, protocols, and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.