AdventHealth Director Nutritional Services in Zephyrhills, Florida
Director Nutritional Services AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Actively leads and participates in strategic planning for the department and manages the plan to achieve department goals, regulatory compliance, and objectives consistent with organizational vision and direction of services.
· Leads ongoing master planning with leaders for department space, clear circulation of occupants, equipment, supportive environment, and resources needed to safely and effectively support the services provided.
· Creates, manages and analyzes annual budgets for revenue, labor and non-labor expenses and optimize staffing effectiveness while achieving economies of scale.
· Establishes and maintains customer satisfaction at a level that ensures the highest quality service.
· Provides consistent improvement in patient satisfaction survey results.
· Administers required customer surveys and responds in a timely and effective manner with a plan of action for any areas not meeting expectation.
· Promotes improvement of customer satisfaction levels for diet and meals.
· Executes programs to meet unique needs under the Administrative sponsors’ direction.
· Provides healthy food choices and variety of options in an attractive manner.
· Assists in educating the public regarding healthy food choices.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
Demonstrates a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting goals and objectives.
Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
Program Quality and Standards
Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
Enforces recipe compliance and proper purchasing procedures.
Ensures that all performance improvement standards are practiced.
Takes action to ensure that all quality service standards are met and that proper planning to ensure food is prepared on time, organized, high quality and in a safe manner.
Provides recognition for associates when goals are met and/or exceeded.
Develops and maintains the department sanitation and HACCP programs.
Develops a business plan and budget with the Administrator and Finance.
Develops financial forecasts and balances program and resources.
Monitors and controls expenses.
Is responsible for attainment of financial goals.
Is responsible for accuracy and timeliness of data, both financial and statistical.
Recommends capital requirements to maximize financial returns.
Assists in development of future contract financial review and updates.
Responsible for productivity and staffing, utilizing Labor Optimization Tools.
Business Growth and Marketing
Increases operating profit contribution by implementing and building services and creating other opportunities for growth.
Maintains an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the unit.
Human Resource Management
Uses independent judgment to hire new employees and in applicant evaluation.
Uses independent judgment to terminate supervised employees in partnership with Employee Relations and in accordance with policies, rules and procedures.
Assigns employees to a particular place, appoints employees to a particular time or gives significant overall duties to employees utilizing supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Authorizes and assigns overtime to employees when determined to be appropriate.
Responsibly directs, monitors and corrects employees in the performance of job duties in order to ensure adequate performance and quality of work.
Foster employees’ understanding of the hospital’s mission.
Manages employees in a way that demonstrates respect for their dignity.
Administers hospital policies in a fair and consistent manner.
Assists employees in an understanding of performance standards.
Provides employees with specific, timely and constructive feedback.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
Must have operational, functional and strong business acumen skills and knowledge of the Food and Nutrition processes, including the clinical and dietary technical areas/storage/delivery and approved vendor buying power.
Ensures current operations are compliant with government and regulatory agency guidelines.
Must have proven operational experience at the managerial level.
Knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and general management skills, must be service oriented and able to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or related discipline
Five years of management experience
Minimum of five years of food service experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Ten years of management experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
Driver’s license LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Registered dietician strongly preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.