AdventHealth Home Health Clinical RN Supervisor in Zephyrhills, Florida
Home Health Clinical RN Supervisor AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
· FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
· Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
· One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
· Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
· First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full time days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Comply with all department policies, procedures, practices and standards of care.
· Develop and display a clear customer focus at all times.
· Maintain a professional and collaborative relationship with hospital case managers, discharge planners, physician’s offices and referral sources.
· Evaluate clinical performance of all patient care staff by having input on performance evaluations and conducting on site supervisory visits.
· Counsel patient care staff regularly regarding patient care planning and team collaboration to provide comprehensive services to the patient and family based on immediate and long-range goals identified in the patient care plan.
· Assures patients accepted for care have a reasonable expectation that the patient’s medical, nursing, and social needs can be adequately met by the agency.
· Assures the plan of care is developed in consultation with the physician and that care in provided per physician’s orders.
· Responsible for ensuring team members obtain physician orders prior to making home visit and providing care and that orders are modified only after consultation with the physicians.
· Auditing process of all starts of care, recertifications, and resumptions of care assuring proper congruent documentation including orders.
· Supports and enforces regulatory requirements (examples include aide supervisory visits every 2 weeks; end point for daily visits, etc.).
· Conduct/participate in the weekly team conference meeting
· Review schedule/white board daily with each staff member .for appropriate utilization of time and visit frequency for each patient, demonstrating flexibility in scheduling to meet the needs of the home care clientele.
· Place/receive phone calls to/from field personnel regarding active patients.
· Ensure professional standards of community nursing practice are maintained by all nurses providing care.
· Ensures that staff report incidents, and understand the necessity of such reporting and proper mechanisms of incident reporting.
· Assist with the orientation of all field staff.
· Assist with providing staff development programs as required.
· Provide assistance and/or direct services to patients and their families where needs may be of such a nature that they require special skills, teaching or evaluation or when needed to augment staffing
· Participate in administrative call coverage.
· Participates in developing, revising, and implementing Agency processes.
· Demonstrate cost-effective practices.
· Participate in the review process and the agency performance improvement program.
· Participate in orientation, in-service and staff meetings as scheduled.
· Patient Satisfaction scores meet department goals.
· Ensures Agency has successful regulatory, state, federal and JCAHO survey outcomes
· Demonstrates leadership, mentoring and problem solving skills to ensure all staff provide timely, organized care which follow the physician’s plan of treatment.
· Completes timely, meaningful performance evaluations on all supervised staff. Provides regular feedback and mentoring on performance.
· Ensures that all occurrences and patient/employee complaints are documented and followed up on according to policy and procedure.
· Attends in-services and CEU programs as appropriate for licensure and position.
· Strives to continually grow and improve as a home health clinical leader.
· Secures patient confidentiality by protecting patient information on and off duty.
· Develop skills through attendance at staff development meetings, pertinent educational activities.
· Seeks opportunities for self-growth and career advancement.
· Complete related tasks as assigned by the Administrator.
· Maintains current driver’s license, automobile insurance and BLS.
What You Will Need:
Demonstrated knowledge of home health care services.
Knowledge and compliance with all local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies.
Knowledge of home care reimbursement methodologies, including but not limited to: Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, Private Insurances and Self Pay.
A high level of multitasking, organization and proactive communications skills are necessary.
Problem solving abilities.
Positive interpersonal communication skills.
Must possess sound judgment and critical thinking skills.
Team and customer service oriented.
Must be able to manage multiple details, tasks and decision-making abilities under busy and stressful working conditions.
Basic computer skills required.
Graduate of a professional school of nursing – Registered Nurse.
One (1) year of clinical nursing in a medical/surgical setting
Responsible for the oversight of all clinical care provided by the multidisciplinary team of clinicians to Home Health clients at WFHHC. Meet all standards established for the Director of Nursing by the Organization for AHCA/Home Health Agency State Regulations Set. Directs, supervises, evaluates and coordinates patient care by directly managing the RN Case Managers and Home Health Aides. Responsible for adhering to a case management model, ensuring staff productivity while providing appropriate patient care resulting in superior outcomes. Directs, supervises, evaluates, and coordinates patient care services provided by the Organization’s personnel to insure the delivery of quality patient care. Determine staffing needs and case assignments in collaboration with the Nurse Managers to ensure staffing efficiency. Encourages a harmonious, high performance work environment; characterized by positive relationships and a strong team orientation, while providing the maximum amount of autonomy possible for staff members. Assist with financial management to ensure cost effective patient care.
This position must be able to perform the functions of a field team clinician. Assists with orientation of new employees, participates in education/in service programs. Serve as a resource person for staff. Provides input into staff performance evaluations. Continued employment is contingent upon your ability to perform job duties as outlined in this job description.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.