AdventHealth Housekeeper PRN Evenings in Zephyrhills, Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Performs a complete 7 step cleaning in areas throughout the hospital, including patient rooms, offices, departments, public areas, or other areas as needed or required by schedule.
- High dust all horizontal surfaces per schedule.
- Sanitizes and spot cleans all assigned areas per schedule.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Cleans bathroom and fixtures.
- Dry mops or vacuums floors.
- Sanitizes floors.
- Performs self-inspection of area cleaned.
- Follow all hospital rules, safety , Housekeeping procedures, appearance standards and Security Procedures.
- Report any maintenance work,damage, or missing items to your Supervisor
- Correctly collects, transports, and properly stores or disposes of trash, soiled linens, and biohazardous waste according to facility and departmental policy and procedure.
- Cleans vents, lights, walls, windows, mirrors, doors, including Knobs, jambs and any hardware, fire extinguishers and telephones.
- Keep your room attendants cart and equipment neat, clean and in good condition.
- Actively maintains a safe work environment at all times.
- Responds to and assists during facility emergency codes in accordance with department policy.
- Attends all staff meetings and departmental programs.
- Performs emergency cleaning throughout the facility when noticed or as needed.
- Performs any other task or duty as assigned by manager, supervisor, or team leader.
- 1 year of Housekeeping experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions in English.
- Ability to write simple correspondence in English.
- Ability to correspond verbally in English with patients, visitors and other staff.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) minimum.
- Hospital/Health Care Housekeeping experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.