AdventHealth Lab Assistant II Full Time Days (3 am to 11 am) Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Lab Assistant II AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, FL 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Consistently draws blood competently and expediently with as little patient discomfort as possible.
- Selects the appropriate venipuncture technique based upon the age and condition of the patient
- Respects patient privacy by knocking before entering the room.
- Is considerate of patient’s need for rest. Adheres to “quiet time.” Advises patient before turning on overhead lighting when performing phlebotomy at night.
- Correctly identifies the patient, without exception, using 2 patient identifiers.
- Follows PPID procedures.
- Compares information on the patient armband with the order before proceeding with venipuncture
- Explains blood collection procedure to patient before proceeding.
- Labels all specimens collected at the bedside before leaving the patient care area.
- Displays courteous, professional manner towards patients, co-workers, nursing and medical staff.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Labels and records all test tubes and files paperwork
- Is knowledgeable about which color top tube to use and the volume of blood needed; understands test requirements
- Processes patient samples appropriately and delivers them to appropriate department and advises clinical staff of “STAT” orders
- Follows Standard Precautions at all times, to include hand hygiene before and after entering the patient room.
- Understands isolation precautions and uses appropriate PPE before entering room.
- Disposes all sharps in a rigid sharps container.
- Cleans, maintains and stocks phlebotomy carts and trays
- Maintains clean and uncluttered work areas.
- Performs data entry tasks in the laboratory computer system in an efficient manner
- Trains, teaches and share knowledge with new employees or students as required
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- BLS from American Heart Association
Laboratory Assistant is responsible to perform venipunctures and skin punctures competently and expediently. Has thorough knowledge of test requirements, assists in Clinical Laboratory as needed. Responsibilities, include but are not limited, to collect blood specimens, urine specimens, processing specimens correctly, collect blood cultures with minimum contamination, filling paperwork, login specimens, registering out-patients, be able to cover different areas where phlebotomy is perform in the hospital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.