AdventHealth Laboratory Section Supervisor Blood Bank Full Time Days (7 am to 3:30 pm) Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Laboratory Section Supervisor AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, FL 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days (7 am to 3:30 pm) and rotating weekends
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for the direction, coordination and administrative duties and day to day activities
- Ensures that services are of the utmost quality and results are turned out expediently.
- Maintains accurate laboratory records. Makes sure that all policies and actual practices are in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Oversees the laboratory quality management program and ensures that the program has been implemented as designed.
- Ensures that the entire laboratory is in compliance with all mandated safety protocols.
- Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices.
- Performs, reviews and evaluates proficiencies, competencies, validated laboratory procedures.
- Selection, training, education and evaluation of performance for all laboratory personnel.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited university
- 3 years of experience including 1 year at a leadership level
- State of Florida, Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance
- License at the supervisory level
- Preferred: Generalist, licensed in all 5 areas
- Preferred: 3 years at a lab leadership level
The Laboratory Section Supervisor performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform laboratory procedures ordered by appropriate Medical Staff and Physicians. Responsible for the technical oversight and supervises the day-to-day operations of anatomic pathology and assists the Medical and Administrative Directors with leadership duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.