AdventHealth Lead Endoscopy Associate Full Time Days Zephyrhills Dade City in Zephyrhills, Florida
Lead Endoscopy Associate AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week M-F. 30 Minute Call could be required.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Build and maintain relationships with members of supply chain team
· Review and establish par levels
· Review and manage orders with materials management
· Facilitate special orders
· Identify department needs
· Establish and maintain relationships with product representatives
· Facilitate introduction of new products
· Schedule in-services, in coordination with Surgical Services educator
· Manages concerns with orders and device functionality, recalls, etc.
· Participate in and/or conduct in-services
· Serve as preceptor to new employees and during advanced procedures
· Identify needs, based on procedure type
· Maintain preference cards
· Identify physician preferences
· Maintain availability to perform as primary associate or provide emergency coverage as needed
· Function as a resource or consultant among leadership at sister hospitals
· Develop and maintain professional relationships with physicians and allied health professionals
· Engage physicians to understand their needs
· Facilitate growing practice by ensuring availability of products
· Communicate physician preference and clinical needs to leadership and business manager
· May assist with development of new procedures
· Assisting in orientation, precepting and training new endoscopy associates and provides input into the performance evaluations of endoscopy associates
· Assists in developing competencies for endoscopy associates and provides input into evaluating competency levels
· Maintains satisfactory participation and attendance at required and non-required meeting and staff development programs
· Demonstrates evidence of continuous professional development
o Identifies own learning needs and seek opportunities for self-growth and career advancement
o Attends annual mandatory in-service, required meetings and continuing education
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Patient care knowledge and skills
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible workweek, including weekends, nights and overtime as required
· Knowledge, interpersonal skills, technical skills, and critical thinking skills in the delivery of patient care including emergency/high pressure situations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Two years’ experience in Endoscopy setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Complete Advance SGNA Associates Program
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times
· Demonstrates patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior
· Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments
· Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others
· Complies with the corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
· Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government
· Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
In addition to the job responsibilities of an Endoscopy Associate, the Lead Endoscopy Associate oversees the coordination of supplies and resources, precepts and trains new endoscopy associates, functions as a resource for difficult procedures, troubleshoots equipment problems, provides input into the budgeting process, assists in establishing and monitoring standards of
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Digestive Health Services
Organization: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Zephyrhills
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.