AdventHealth Medical Front Office Assistant AdventHealth Medical Group in Zephyrhills, Florida
Medical Front Office Assistant AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides back up to all front office positions; check in, check out, and medical records
- Provides data and assistance to Practice Manager / Office Coordinator as required
- Communicates in a cordial, professional manner with patients via phone and in person to meet the patient’s needs as soon as possible
- Sets up office for daily operation by turning on computers, ensuring schedules are printed, and retrieving voice mail messages
- Maintains correspondence, including: progress notes and new patient packets
- Updates referring physician database when necessary
- Assesses new patient files waiting to be seen and appropriately handles old patient files
Assembles/creates charts for new patients, ensuring policy of noting allergy warnings and two methods of identification are followed
Verifies patient data and insurance to ensure it is updated for accurate billing, inputting updated information into system as required
Constructs insurance copies for proper insurance verification with new patients as requested
- Assists with correspondence in obtaining medical necessity letters to appropriate insurance company or business entity
- Enters charges for daily reconciliation
- Handles patient concerns or refers to administration appropriately
What You Will Need:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Proficient with computer programs with word processing: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
• Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management, staff and outside vendors
• Strong emphasis on organizational skills and strong attention to detail and ability to multi task.
• Ability to deal with data that is of a sensitive and confidential nature (HIPAA).
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Displays professional interactions with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High School Graduate or equivalent
Provides operational office support in delivery of patient care in a physician office environment. Responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, processing medical records, scheduling out-patient procedures, check-in and check-out patients, insurance verification and obtaining referrals & authorizations from Primary Care Physician and/or insurance carrier.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Patient Care
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group West FL
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.