All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days
Location: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI & Resuscitation (American College of Cardiology)
Accredited as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
Primary Stroke Center Designation (AHCA)
Leapfrog Safety Grade A, Fall 2020
Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
UnitedHealthcare Bariatric Center of Excellence (United Healthcare)
The role you’ll contribute:
Medical Technologist responsible for the oversight of hospital Point of Care Testing (POCT) (waived and non-waived) in accordance with the Statutes of the State of Florida, Joint Commission and CLIA; also performs laboratory testing in accordance with the Division of Clinical Laboratory Standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 64B3-13.003. Perform competency validated laboratory procedures ordered by appropriate Medical Staff and Physician. Responsible for the technical oversight and supervises the day-to-day operations of the Point-of-Care department and assists the departmental manager with leadership duties as assigned.
Ensures that services are of the utmost quality and results are turned out expediently.
Maintains accurate laboratory records.
Makes sure that the point-of-care department policies and actual practices are in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
Ensures that the assigned laboratory department is in compliance with all mandated safety protocols.
Follows laboratory policies and procedures; maintains quality control practices.
Performs, reviews and evaluates proficiencies, competencies, and validate laboratory procedures for the point-of-care department
Selection, training, education and evaluation of performance for all laboratory personnel.
Administrative duties of the point-of-care department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology
5 Years of Laboratory Experience, including a minimum of 1 year in a POCT environment
State of Florida – Medical Technologist or Technician in all laboratory areas
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Florida supervisor license preferred.
ASCP or other national laboratory certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
· Knowledge and skills needed to perform and oversee point-of-care department testing.
· Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements with CLIA, State of Florida, OSHA, CAP, TJC.
· Demonstrates leadership qualities, organizational and service management skills.
· Moderate computer skills (Microsoft Office products, etc.) needed to develop and maintain laboratory documents and performance improvement records.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form with persons of varied backgrounds in a respectful, effective manner.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible schedules required to oversee the operations of the laboratory.
· Follows standard precautions at all times with appropriate use of PPE.
· Manages and operates laboratory equipment safely and correctly. Follows established policies for equipment maintenance, reporting and documenting need for repair.
· Demonstrates knowledge of new testing methods, products, instrumentation; remains informed on all current technologies.
· Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized, communicate effectively and function well under stressful situations.
· Demonstrates ability and willingness to adapt to change and flexibility to adjust to the uneven workflow and changing priorities of the department.
· Demonstrates the value of team concept on a consistent basis.
· Responsible for inspection process, proficiency performance, reporting and evaluation.
· High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently
· Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
· Ability to build and maintain appropriate peer relationships to facilitate organizational objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Strong coaching and mentorship skills
· Strong service recovery skills
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23032322
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 7050 GALL BLVD
Pay Range: $26.3672 - $39.5508
Location: Zephyrhills, FL
Job ID: 23032322
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day