AdventHealth Patient Dining Associate FT Day in Zephyrhills, Florida
Patient Dining Associate FT Variable Shift AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Exhibits a friendly, caring attitude to patients when introducing the Catering to You program, taking menu selections, delivering trays, inquiring during catering rounds and retrieving trays.
- Takes patients menu selections prior to each meal.
- Complies with dietary restrictions on special, modified diets to ensure optimal food preferences are met within guidelines of diet order limitations.
- Offers alternatives to menu as allowed on prescribed diet in accordance with food allergies and sensitivities, cultural, ethnic and religious preferences, when patient inquires or needs additional selections.
- Assembles trays according to patients menu on tray tickets in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with nursing to ensure patients’ diet prescriptions are accurate, and patients’ food needs are met.
- Completes catering rounds after passing trays to inquire if patient needs anything else.
- Retrieves trays from patients’ rooms shortly after completing round.
- Maintains accurate and current information for each patient on assigned unit(s).
- Assists dietitian with monitoring of patients who are NPO, on liquid diets or have a calorie count ordered.
- Communicates any patient related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel, in a timely manner following departmental procedures.
- Wears name tag identification.
- Adheres to facility confidentiality and patient’s rights policy as outlined in the facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Contributes to patient satisfaction goals by providing quality service.
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment.
- Follows HACCP guidelines when assembling and distributing food supplies to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
- Identifies and utilizes cleaning chemicals following directions recommended by manufacturers and per MSDS sheets.
- Responds to utility failures following department guidelines.
- Participates and attends departmental meetings and staff development programs, as appropriate.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Reads and complies with all policies and procedures of Morrison and Compass as appropriate.
- Performs other tasks as may be assigned.
- General knowledge of modified diets and proper food handling and preparation is required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Customer service experience is preferred
The Patient Dining Associate interacts daily with patients and their families. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required. The position is responsible for patient food service on assigned units, e.g., menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pick up, special requests and needs in-between meal food delivery
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.