AdventHealth Peri - Operative Aide Full Time Days Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides supportive care to patients under the direct supervision of an RN and physician.
· Provides treatments and procedures as indicated and within the defined scope of practice
· Adheres to hospital policy addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Follows aseptic technique, when opening and donning gloves
· Prepares OR suite between procedures, maintains an orderly area per unit standard of work
· Anticipates needs of OR room turn-over and is readily available when needed.
· Cleans, dresses, prepares and checks all stretchers for proper functioning and adequate levels of O2 in each tank
· Assists in moving and positioning of patients for surgical procedures.
· Responsible for transporting patients/ equipment to various procedure sites.
· Consults with clinical coordinator when in question or unfamiliar with equipment or procedure.
· Stocks all warmers with blankets; and monitor the warming cabinet throughout the shift.
· Stocks perioperative cart with regular bags, red bags, paper products and cleaning chemicals and supplies.
· Cleans ancillary areas as directed following unit standards of work
· Provides each OR with a linen hamper and regular and hazardous waste bags.
· Disposes of all linens, regular waste, hazardous waste and sharps containers in the appropriate waste disposal area.
· Replaces mop head after each case; careful not to contaminate clean solution
· Cleans all equipment before putting back into storage.
· Follows all infection control practices including; hand washing and standard precautions.
· Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
· Reports safety hazards to the Nurse Manager/Coordinator.
· Provides world class service by always introduces self to patients and families; before transporting patient.
· Communicate with nurse and ensures patient chart is with the patient before transporting patient.
· Identifies by asking patient to state name and birth date and compare to ID band.
· Informs the appropriate nurse of requests, problems or concerns expressed by or relating to the patient or pertaining to the perioperative environment.
· Transports all patients safely by utilizing, side rails, brakes, leg/foot holders and assuring safe management of patient.
· Provides patient privacy and warmth during patients transport by always covering with a blanket/ sheet
· Transports blood, non-narcotic drugs, x-rays, specimens, supplies, equipment and or medical records as requested and in a timely manner.· The team member will work the assigned unit based on his/her orientation, competencies and patient needs to include floating between Dade City and Zephyrhills as assigned
· Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Completion of High School/GED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current American Heart Association BLS certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.