AdventHealth Registered Nurse Cardiac Rehab PRN Days in Zephyrhills, Florida
- AdventHealth Zephyrhills Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Able to perform head to toe assessments on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Able to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan at each visit.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications, treatments and their correct administration based on the age of the patient, infants through the geriatric population, and their clinical condition.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring. Identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Two or more years of experience in critical care/cardiac care
- Associates Degree
- Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- ACLS Certification
- BLS Certification
Provides direct patient care in the Cardiopulmonary Rehab Department; Monitors patients during procedures/exercises for the detection of cardiac and pulmonary abnormalities; Maintains the preventative and restorative health needs for the patients. Provides patient education on disease entities; Communicates with the physicians about changes in the patient’s clinical condition including laboratory tests, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology; Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition and response to treatment; Participates in performance improvement and Kaizen activities. This position description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. Employees are required to comply with policies and procedures of AdventHealthZephyrhills as well as to perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. All job responsibilities are subject to change as deemed necessary by AdventHealth Administration. The essential duties of the position have been determined as of the effective date of this position description. This position description may be supplemented and/or modified as changes to the position occur.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.