AdventHealth Registered Nurse Outpatient Diabetes Educator Full Time Days Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Registered Nurse Outpatient Diabetes Educator AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Full Time/ Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Will be considered an expert within the ADA standards. Owner of ADA documentation, charge entry, monthly statistics and ADA recognition.
- Flexible hours, being available for daytime, evening and weekend classes as needed.
- Willing to instruct Diabetes Education classes at AdventHealth’s Zephyrhills and Dade City locations.
- Triages and problem solves unexpected situations that interfere with the delivery of an optimal education experience for the patient.
- Able to creatively and within ADA guidelines, adapt individual and group classes as needed with short notification.
- Able to navigate and/or learn to navigate hospital’s EMR, ADA EMR, and supportive IT systems.
- Participates in maintaining high level of patient and physician satisfaction.
- Willing to participate in complete and efficient documentation of services rendered for proper billing.
- Willing to provide cross-over support in teaching positive behavioral changes within the Bariatric, Orthopedic, Cardiac and Women’s Health service lines.
- If an RD-CDE, will assist in providing dietary and nutritional education support within the Bariatric, Orthopedic, Cardiac and Women’s Health service lines.
- Supports positive trend in patient outcomes of care with teaching strategies. Including physical, cognitive, environmental, psychosocial, cultural, language and spiritual and provides appropriate resource referral as necessary.
- Establishes individualized learning goals, objectives and educational plan in collaboration with the patient and family.
- Identifies opportunities to increase volume of patients in all classes.
- Actively participates and accepts responsibility for special projects such as speaker requests, support groups and other community events designed to increase diabetes awareness.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying and providing for own CEU needs for professional development.
- Seeks professional growth opportunities to advance care and knowledge related to diabetes.
- Attends minimum of 4 staff meetings a year, or minimum of 1 per quarter.
What You Will Need:
- Proficient with computer programs with word processing, PowerPoint, Excel, Access
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills by effectively communicating with all levels of management and outside venders.
- Strong emphasis on organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Educator skills in group/individual setting
- Flexible availability, specifically evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of diabetes practices and education
- Works independently and with a team
- Knowledge of ADA Recognition requirements
- Knowledge of dietary pathways within a bariatric program
- Ability to travel to different sites
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Dietary, Pharmacy and/or Exercise
- 2 years in a multidisciplinary healthcare setting involving diabetes treatment and education
- Current Florida Licensure with active CEU status
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) by the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators (NCBDE)
- Responsible for diabetes and nutritional education within the American Diabetes Association (ADA) recognized program and the Weight Loss Programs while using a multidiscipliny team approach.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.