AdventHealth Registered Nurse - Wound Care - Days PRN - ZH/ Dade City in Zephyrhills, Florida
Registered Nurse Wound Care PRN AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
Provides direct and indirect patient care in an in/out-patient wound care setting. Responsible for the assessment, planning, and implementation of care of chronic wounds.
Utilizes the nursing process, plan of care creation and reassessment, and age specific considerations to provide quality care to the patient.
Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
Promotes patient’s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patients, friends, and family to understand condition, treatment, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
Consults other healthcare professionals/departments as appropriate to provide an interdisciplinary approach to patient’s needs.
Maintain a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations with the assistance of health care support personnel.
Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration, and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
What You Will Need:
- Excellent Organization and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Organizational Skills, ability to prioritize
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum of two years of wound care experience
- Wound Care Class within 1 year
- Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- The Clinical Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
- The RN is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, and patient promise of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his / her area of practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.