AdventHealth RN Cardiac Cath Lab Full Time Days Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
RN Cardiovascular Cath Lab * AdventHealth Zephyrhills *
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- Up to $15K sign on and relocation incentives
- AH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Administers medications to patients undergoing procedure in Cardiac Cath Lab or Electrophysiology lab under the direction of the cardiologist
- Monitors LOC, VS of patients
- Provides patient care using the nursing process to provide assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation according to established protocols and evidence-based clinical practice standards
- Reads and interprets the hemodynamics of the patient during procedure and reports changes to cardiologist
- Provides patient care in Cardiac Cath Lab suites, Electrophysiology suite, and Pre cath prep area.
- Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes
- Provides education to patient and patient family regarding care pre/intra/post procedure
* KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED * * : *
- Recent acute care experience.
- EKG Competency
- Knowledge of cardiac anatomy.
- Knowledge of critical care medication.
- Competency in Moderate Sedation.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Able to learn and comprehend the hemodynamic monitoring software.
- Able to quickly learn and follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Experience with Windows operating system.
- Knowledge of all anatomy including circulatory neuro systems.
- Responsible to maintain all required registries and licenses to perform all positions for Invasive Cardiology procedures.
- Able to follow Basic Radiation Safety concepts of time, distance, and shielding to keep exposure levels ALARA for patients and staff.
- Able to learn and comprehend the scrub, record and circulate position and become independent on Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiovascular cases.
- Assists in patient flow through the Invasive Cardiology areas
- Assists in training new employees once becoming independent in each position.
- Performs proper and legible documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policies.
_ KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED: _
- Knowledge of supplies/QSite and billing/coding for the Cardiac Cath/EP labs.
- Able to operate all equipment in various Invasive Cardiology labs.
- Able to operate and operate the x-ray equipment. Knowledge of placing service calls.
- 2-3 years of critical care experience.
- Cardiac Cath Lab experience in an interventional lab.
* EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED * * : *
- Current Florida licensure as a Registered Nurse
- ACLS & BLS
_ EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED: _
- BSN Degree or higher
- Understanding of hemodynamic monitoring
- EKG training
- 2 years experience in Cardiac Cath/ EP /Neurosciences/ Critical Care, or Interventional Radiology
* LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED * * : *
- Advanced certification as CCRN, RCIS, RCES, or other associated accreditation within 1 yr of hire.
- BLS, ACLS
_ LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED: _
- RCIS, RCES, CCRN
Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurses provide care for patients undergoing cardiac catheterizations, electrophysiology studies, peripheral studies/interventions and cardiac device implants. Care includes administration and monitoring of moderate sedation under the direction of the physician. This procedure integrates scientific knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and useful diagnostic information. Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurses require a high degree of knowledge in radiologic imaging
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.