AdventHealth Surgery Scheduler Neuro - AdventHealth Medical Group - Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Surgery Scheduler Neuro - AdventHealth Medical Group - Zephyrhills, FL
Location Address: Zephyrhills, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Medical Group West Florida
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
Full Time 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Schedules surgeries with physicians and physician office staff by phone and fax method.
- Prepares the advance surgical schedule. Scrutinizes the tentative schedules and contacts Team Leader, Charge Nurse, Admissions, surgeons, etc. and reviews other information that affects administration of schedule.
- Appropriately consults with Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, and anesthesia staff regarding schedule conflicts, concerns or requests that fall outside of established policy.
- Seeks input from Team Leaders/materials liasion regarding scheduling constraints and preferences of equipment, instruments and implants, etc.
- Flags all special needs.
- Calls designated departments with information for add-on cases as required
- Prepares and sends required information for each case scheduled to designated departments within established timeframes.
- Consistently maintains and improves skills such as telephone etiquette, typing accuracy/speed, and communications.
- Responds to multiple inquiries from telephone, vocera and direct communication regarding scheduling of surgery and the main operating room suite. Occasionally communicates with the patients and/or patient’s families by phone.
- Determines the case time and balances the surgical schedule as to times anesthesia and rooms are available. Generates user-defined reports as needed for effective management of tool conflicts.
- Maintain professioal, open and timely communication with team memebers
- Assists with orientation of staff members as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The team member will work the assigned unit based on his/her orientation, competencies and patient needs to include floating between Dade City and Zephyrhills as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Medical Terminology
- Previous experience in a medical setting, i.e. physician office, hospital, etc.
- Prefer a minimum of 1 year experience
- Prefer proficiency in computer usage, medical terminology, basic anatomy and surgical procedure knowledge
- Prefer some college courses in accounting, computer operations, and communications are helpful
- Prefer the ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Prefer demonstrated customer service and telephone skills
Scheduling is part of the Surgical Service department and involves scheduling for all operative/invasive procedures, Endoscopy, Special Procedures and related appointments. Position requires attention to detail, collaborative, interdepartmental work and heavy telephone work. Works closely with the clinical charge for the operating room, anesthesia and surgical service leadership. Orders equipment for specific procedures and performs other secretarial duties as requested. Adheres to established policies and procedures. This position also requires involvement in hospital performance improvement activities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Zephyrhills and Dade City
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.