AdventHealth Unit Clerk Full Time Days Zephyrhills in Zephyrhills, Florida
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the updating and organizing of information on the nursing unit as illustrated by the following;
- Maintenance tasks relating to the medical record
- Answer the telephone in a professional manner; direct calls to appropriate individuals, and relay messages
- Fax and photocopy information as needed
- Ensure established inventories of forms and office supplies.
- Coordinate specific work tasks with other personnel within the unit as well as within other units and departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Safe and efficient use of telephones, copier/fax machines, and computers
- CNA License preferred
- High School graduate
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
- Health Unit Coordinator Certification encouraged
The Unit Clerk (UC) is responsible for welcoming guests to the unit. S/he is accountable for performing a variety of clerical tasks related to the updating and organizing of information on the nursing units and coordinating work within the unit as well as with other departments.
The UC is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission, and patient promise of Florida Hospital Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of regulatory standards, established policies, protocols, and procedures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.