AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AdventHealth Medical Group High Risk Pregnancy at Lake Mary, FL – APRN or PA-C
• Orders, interprets, and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies, and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Diabetes management education, high blood pressure education, and pre-pregnancy planning when not on call.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
• Daily rounds on new and established patients.
• Responsible for in-person and virtual patient visits.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• For inpatient assignment, assists the attending physician in the care and management of patients on inpatient units within the hospital.
• This includes making patient rounds, contributing to the decisions for daily care, writing orders, interacting with consultants, and facilitating and coordinating the scheduling of therapeutic and diagnostic tests and procedures.
• Will make frequent bedside visits to assess the status of patients and direct care accordingly.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
• Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
• Schedule Details: Monday – Friday; 7:30 am to 5 pm
• Call Coverage: rotate, majority will be home call but could include some in-patient rounding.
• Hospitals covered: Various AdventHealth Campuses
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s degree in Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant studies
• 2-4 Experience in OBGYN and/or Endocrinology and Diabetes (preferred)
• Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (preferred)
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
• Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license
• Current BLS and ACLS
AdventHealth Altamonte Springs was established as the first satellite campus of the Florida Hospital system in 1973 and has grown into the leading health care provider in Seminole County. The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 200,000 patients a year, including 84,000 emergency patients, 23,000 inpatients, 2,500 baby deliveries, approximately 12,000 surgical cases, and 98,171 outpatient procedures. AdventHealth Altamonte Springs is known for its innovative and highly technical care, continually seeks to enhance the patient experience through unique offerings such as a Concierge Service for patients and employees..
AdventHealth is conveniently close to many gorgeous homes, downtown urban living, shopping, and great schools. As one of the most visited American cities, Orlando has world-class attractions including Universal Studios, Walt Disney World, and easy access to both coasts for numerous world renown beaches. Orlando is home to major league soccer (Orlando City Lions), NBA basketball (Orlando Magic) as well as University of Central Florida sports. The city also has many public and private universities and colleges. The Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts hosts variety of musical and theatrical performances throughout the year.
Hospital Website (https://www.adventhealth.com/hospital/adventhealth-altamonte-springs)
Orange County Parks and Recreation
Seminole County Parks and Recreation (http://www.seminolecountyfl.gov/departments-services/leisure-services/)
Orange County Florida
Osceola County Florida (https://www.osceola.org/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: ALT-A020-WOM-MFM-New
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.