AdventHealth Radiation Therapist in Altamonte Springs, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Radiation Therapist - AdventHealth - Altamonte Springs
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Altamonte
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
- Verifies the physician’s prescription and treatment parameters daily to ensure accurate treatment of the patient in accordance with the prescription and treatment plan. Identifies the treatment volume and positions the patient in a consistent and reproducible manner.
- Assesses the patients’ needs and actively seeks to resolve any potential problems or conflicts. Seeks advice from chief therapist/supervisor as necessary. Treats the patient in a timely and courteous manner. Handles stressful situations appropriately and demonstrates the ability to communicate with patients of all ages. Clinically observes patient reactions to treatment and assists in accommodating the patient through the treatment process.
- Performs all aspects of CT Simulation. Under the direction of the physician or non-physician practitioner, administers contrast agents during simulation localization. Immediately reports and documents adverse reactions to the managing physician and Site Leader
- Evaluates prescribed imaging and makes requested changes within 24 hours. Accurately documents treatment information in the patient electronic record. Utilizes the record and verify system.
- Reviews all new starts for consistency prior to treatment. Checks the blocks, simulation documents, dose calculation sheet, prescription, field photos to verify patient positioning and field orientation. Checks record and verify system for prescription, treatment parameters, doses, treatment accessories and monitor units. Documents in the EHR that the medical plan was reviewed for consistency.
What You Will Need:
- Computer literate
- Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Licensed by the State of Florida as a Certified Radiologic Technologist (CRT)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified
- Record and verify system
- Electronic Health Record
- Graduate of a Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Radiation Therapy Program
The Radiation Therapist is a registered and licensed professional who is responsible for administering therapeutic radiation in accordance with the physician’s prescription to age specific groups identified in the direct care responsibilities. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.