AdventHealth Substance Use Disorder Therapist PRN in Altamonte Springs, Florida
- Per Diem
- Performs intake and psycho-social assessments on patients and families and provides psychotherapy to patients and families coping with substance use and mental health disorders.
- Maintains comprehensive community resources and networks to assist patients and families as they transition back to the community
- Completes daily workflow and processes as assigned by the clinical manager or designee, ensuring all tasks are executed in accordance with federal, state and local standards, as well as, departmental protocols, AdventHealth Policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Facilitates age appropriate therapeutic groups on residential unit and IOP in accordance with department standard/protocol.
- Provides family therapy as indicated for patients on residential unit and IOP in accordance with department standard/protocol
- Conducts daily clinical rounding and individual therapy sessions for patients in accordance with department standard/protocol
- Collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team in establishing/documenting psycho-social determinants to attainment of safe discharges to ensure each patient has completed discharge plans as indicated upon release from the program.
- Provides daily documentation of clinical and case management services in accordance with department standard/protocol
- Performs discharge planning/post-acute care coordination
- Maintains professional competency by participating in continuing education and appropriate learning experiences, both internally and externally. Attends pertinent conferences and seminars regarding clinical social work and behavioral health. Applies local, state, and federal programs to assist with appropriate referrals and coordination of post-acute care
- Participates in the development of programs to support patients and families dealing with substance use and behavioral health disorders.
- Acts as patient advocate for patient needs within the community.
- Participates with the interdisciplinary team in developing and implementing a clinical treatment plan.
- Follows up with patients in post-acute environment to ensure compliance with discharge plan post hospitalization
- Performs additional duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling or related field eligible for licensure in the state of Florida
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Two-years’ clinical experience working with substance use and behavioral health disorder patients.
- Experience working with substance use and mental health disorders
- State of Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) OR
- State of Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.