AdventHealth Registered Respiratory Therapist - Weekends Nights in Calhoun, Georgia
Registered Respiratory Therapist – Weekends- Nights - AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: 1035 Red Bud Road Calhoun, GA
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
$5000 Sign On Bonus
· Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid ServicesFive-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
· Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review Top 100 Community Hospitals,Becker’s Hospital Review
· Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review Top 100 Rural Hospitals,Becker’s Hospital Review
· Located in the foothills of the North Georgia MountainsLocated in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
· Co-workers that feel like familyCo-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Oxygen therapy in accordance with departmental oxygen protocol.Oxygen therapy in accordance with departmental oxygen protocol.
· Prescribed medication via inhalation in accordance with the physician’s order.Prescribed medication via inhalation in accordance with the physician’s order.
· Performs nasotracheal / endotracheal suctioningPerforms nasotracheal / endotracheal suctioning
· Performs extubation proceduresPerforms extubation procedures
· Performs tracheotomy tube changesPerforms tracheotomy tube changes
· Ensures that endotracheal tubes are rotated and retaped every 48-72 hoursEnsures that endotracheal tubes are rotated and retaped every 48-72 hours
· Rotates to critical care area routinely to ensure proficiency in ventilator management.Rotates to critical care area routinely to ensure proficiency in ventilator management.
· Initiates, maintains and monitors mechanical ventilation, BIPAP/CPAP and other ventilatory devices as required.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
·Associates Degree in Respiratory Care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
·1 year experience as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
·Must have a State of Georgia license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist.
·Must be BLS certified upon hire.
·ACLS, PALS, and NRP required within 6 months of hire date.
The Respiratory Therapist will deliver safe and effective care, which is consistent with the standards of care for this discipline. This position requires the Respiratory Therapist to be knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of respiratory and cardiovascular disorders for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Cardiopulmonary Clinical Coordinator and the Director of Inpatient Services.This position requires intimate knowledge of both departmental and hospital policies and procedures relating to the field of Cardiopulmonary sciences.This position functions independently within the critical care areas of the hospital.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Gordon and Murray
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.