AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
AHMG Gyn Surgery at Celebration – Physician’s Assistant
The PA under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Surgical Assist
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the hospital setting
• Procedures to include UDS, PVR, PTNS and bladder instillations
• Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Strong communication skills
• Monday-Thursday OR; Friday clinic
• Campuses Covered: AH Celebration, AH Kissimmee, AH Apopka and AH Winter Park
• Call required
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff, and patients.
• Strong communication skills
• Strong medical decision-making skills
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant (PA-C) Studies
Licensure, Certification, and Registration:
• Current, valid Florida PA or APRN license
• Certification by NCCPA, ANCC or other nationally recognized certification organization
• BLS & ACLS
AdventHealth Celebration is a 310 bed, state-of-the-art hospital that serves as a showcase of innovation and excellence in healthcare. Our reputation for delivering highly efficient, patient-focused and cost-effective care allows us to achieve optimum health and wellness for patients with an emphasis on healing the whole person - mind, body and spirit. AdventHealth Celebration has been serving the residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake counties, and patients from around the world.
Orlando is known as the City Beautiful. There is much more than theme parks here! Our community is culturally diverse and a great place to raise a family. We have excellent public and private schools. Orlando is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of Central Florida. We are home to multiple theaters, art museums, art festivals and film festivals. We are well known for our excellent restaurants. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club. We offer year round pleasant weather for outdoor fun and are only an hour away from some of the most scenic beaches in the Southeast.
Orange County Parks and Recreation (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/cultureparks.aspx)
Seminole County Parks and Recreation
Orange County Florida (https://www.orangecountyfl.net/)
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: A246-CEL
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.