AdventHealth Certified Central Service Tech SPD Full Time Days M-F 7a-3p Celebration in Celebration, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Certified Central Service Technician – Sterile Processing Department - AdventHealth – Celebration
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203 bed hospital
- Designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration
- The hospital consistently delivers a state of the art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a ‘living laboratory’ of groundbreaking, research-driven clinicals solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Days Monday-Friday 7am-3pm, occasional call may be needed
Under supervision of the CS Supervisor / Manager or Nurse Manager, the Central Service Technician will provide thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and / or sterilized instrument trays and equipment. Trays will be accurately assembled according to the established tray list. Works with customers to maintain adequate inventory of trays and to prioritize processing of trays as needed; maintains specialty carts and other supplies per department specific guidelines as well as maintaining equipment per manufacturers’ instructions for use. Responsible for use of all decontamination and sterilization equipment, can troubleshoot minor issues. Depending on department, may manage inventory and supply items for patient care areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Certification through IAHCSMM (International Association for Healthcare Central Service and Materials Management) or CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution
- Experience in the sterile processing environment or graduate of a surgical technology program or military training program.
- Experience with decontamination and sterilization processes and equipment
- Knowledge of the use, operation, maintenance, assembly, disassembly and cleaning requirements of the full range of instruments and equipment
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Rotates assignments among various areas within the department functions including but not limited to: decontamination, surgical and other tray assembly sterilization processes, and management of supplies and equipment. Assesses work flow and communicate with managers when there is a backlog of instrumentation in one area that will impact process flow.
- Properly identifies and segregates reusable items for decontamination, disinfection, and sterilization. Selects proper cleaning methods for pre-cleaning and cleaning instrumentation, power tools and equipment sent to Central Service based upon manufacturer’s instructions for use. Disassembles and inspects items for damage or missing components. Correctly and safely operates all equipment in the decontamination area ensuring that all standards for personal protective equipment and prevention of body fluid exposure are adhered to at all times. Monitors non-certified personnel in the department to ensure adherence to protocols are maintained.
- Accurately assembles instruments, complex instrument sets, and other surgical items by selecting the appropriate items, trays and instruments and records information in computer monitoring system or paper instrument count sheet. Collaborates with clinical department leaders to ensure that missing instrumentation is located and trays are completed. Takes corrective action to repair and / or replace broken items.
- Selects appropriate materials and sterilization packaging for each instrument set. Aware of aseptic technique and proper wrapping of instrument trays to allow the end user to open product in an aseptic manner and produces a compact, logically arranged package which is within the proper weight limits appropriate for assured sterilization.
- Ensures appropriate sterility indicators and lot stickers are present on all instrument sets and packages.
- Operates complex sterilization equipment, selects the correct method of sterilization based upon manufacturers’ instructions for use (IFU).
- Ensures all parameters for sterilization are met by reviewing and signing all sterilizer recording charts to verify the proper sterilization time, temperature, pressure, humidity and sterilant exposure. Prior to releasing items for clinical use ensures that all required biological testing has been completed.
- Monitors sterilizer printouts and maintains records. Documents all requirements in appropriate log book and/ or computer.
- Knowledgeable of recall process for sterilization failures. Notifies supervisor or manager of positive result. Collaborates with receiving departments to ensure all items from affected lot/load are recalled as needed.
- Uitilizes knowledge of the sterile processing environmental controls. Reports out of range temps and humidity to engineering. Collaborates with environmental services to ensure the unit is cleaned as needed. Alternates between a contaminated environment and a clean environment utilizing appropriate infection prevention measures and correct use of PPE.
- Communicates effectively with all hospital departments and with others within the department. Problem solves to meet the needs of various departments. Uses the chain of command as necessary to resolve issues.
- Maintains knowledge base by attending in-services and department meetings. Participates in training of new employees as requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.