AdventHealth Registered Nurse Surgical ICU Training Program FT Days in Celebration, Florida
- Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
- The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a 'living laboratory' of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
- The Imaging department at AdventHealth Celebration Health is integrally involved across the spectrum of patient care, assisting medical staff in the diagnosis and treatment of patients ranging from routine imaging studies to advanced interventional procedures. Annually, Imaging at Celebration Health performs 132,000 procedures across emergency, inpatient, surgical, and outpatient settings. The department operates within the hospital and services the greater Osceola community. The Imaging team includes more than 100 skilled and engaged staff including Radiologists, Technologists, Nurses, and support staff, working to ensure the patients receive appropriate, quality procedures and results at the right time.
- If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN opportunity with AdventHealth Celebration and apply online today.
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
- NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand-off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Professional Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.