AdventHealth Med Lab Tech (MLT) PRN Days in Chatsworth, Georgia
Medical Laboratory Technician PRN AdvenHealth Murray
Location Address Murray Medical Center: 707 Old Dalton Ellijay Rd, Chatsworth, GA 30705
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Murray
Four-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
150 Great places to work in Healthcare, Becker’s Hospital Review
Co-Workers that feel like family
Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
Great Benefits such as: Education Reimbursement
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Build collaborative professional relationships to create quality healthcare
· Work independently in a professional team-oriented environment
· Has written and oral communication skills adequate to comprehend technical material and communicate with medical professionals.
· Accountability to learn and implement processes that improves laboratory standards.
· Perform testing within the approved guidelines to meet turnaround time standards and maintain quality patient care.
· Perform and interpret various testing procedures on donor and hospital specimens, and blood products. Repeat test where appropriate
· Provide information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease
· Receives written or electronic requests from physicians for routine or special laboratory tests.
· Perform moderately complex testing and proficiency testing according to CLIA, GHR, AABB and JCAHO standards in chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, blood bank, and microbiology. These duties include pre-analytical functions and/or STAT testing during off shifts and/or weekends. This may include temporary work assignments and phlebotomy duties as warranted.
· Perform clinical laboratory examinations on body fluids and exudates utilizing quantitative, qualitative, or automated methods. Performs any chemical, immunochemical or microbiological test for which competency has been validated to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
· Assist supervisors and co-workers in the daily operation of all areas of the laboratory.
· Able to solve most problems and handle difficult situations with little or no supervision.
· Practices clinical laboratory science as a generalist, which means is responsible for the examination of materials or specimens taken from the human body to provide information or materials for use in the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease or the assessment of a medical condition. This includes the pre-analytical, analytic, and the post-analytic phases of such examinations.
· Perform, review, approve and maintain quality control testing on products reagent, equipment and various testing kits.
· Maintain all reagents according to manufacturers and regulatory guidelines.
· Perform and maintain maintenance records for daily, weekly, monthly, annual and as needed maintenance on all equipment.
· Perform calibrations on all equipment.
· Sets up and adjusts laboratory instrumentation as required.
· Interacts with and/or performs clinical laboratory examinations on patients of all ages. Obtains specimens for clinical laboratory examination directly from any patient of any age, including infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric.
· After proper instruction, must be able to operate any scientific instrument and perform any required procedure. Must be able to use independent judgment and knowledge to perform related tasks.
· Must possess sufficient academic, technical and clinical skills and knowledge to evaluate, troubleshoot, research, and resolve day-to-day problems that arise or special projects as assigned by the supervisors.
· Oversee the work of non-independent practitioners (technicians & phlebotomist) and trainees.
· In the absence of the supervisor, may be designated to serve as acting supervisor
· Communicate with the approved reference labs for testing, ordering supplies, obtaining results, and problem resolutions.
· Print monthly QC for QAP and monthly QC report.
· Performs the follow-up on failed proficiency testing results.
· Inventory, stock and rotate supplies.
What You Will Need:
· 1 year of approved clinical laboratory experience
· Computers, telephone, fax, copier, printers, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, blood bank and microbiology analyzers, glucometers, incubators, environmental hood, monitored refrigerators and freezers, centrifuges, phlebotomy chairs and supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate in Science degree in Medical Laboratory Technician, biology, chemistry, or related science preferred or appropriate college classes to meet certification requirements.
· 1 year of approved clinical laboratory experience
· ASCP or any other nationally recognized certification agency preferred.
· Mathematical, computer reasoning, and language skills at the college level (2 years )
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· MLT ASCP or any other nationally recognized certification agency.
Under the immediate supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technician performs clinical testing in one or more of the following areas of the laboratory: Blood Bank, Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis. A Medical Technician obtains or receives specimens, performs clinical laboratory tests by standardized procedures, understands method principle, performs quality control, performs preventative maintenance, and interprets results as to accuracy, acceptability and critical limits. The Medical Technician works with a certified Medical Technologist either on duty or on technical standby, organizing work to meet established deadlines, records all data obtained and maintains job competence. The position also involves effective communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.