AdventHealth Medical Group formerly known as Florida Hospital Medical Group is associated with the largest Protestant not-for-profit healthcare system in the world, AdventHealth and a national leader in quality, safety and patient satisfaction. AHMG’s advanced practice providers manage the treatment and care for our patients in the practice setting, as well as at AdventHealth’s ten campuses in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Heart of Florida, Kissimmee, Lake Wales, Orlando, Winter Park and AdventHealth Waterman in Tavares
OBGYN at Davenport, Winter Haven and Lake Wales - Certified Nurse Midwife
Full-time inpatient and outpatient opportunity
AdventHealth Heart of Florida and AdventHealth Lake Wales
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)/ Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) functions in the specialty area of obstetric medicine in an expanded role to manage a caseload of patients with consultation, collaboration and general supervision from a physician in the inpatient and outpatient role. This care is provided within the APRN's specialty area and setting, and scope of practice. Utilizing the extensive knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology and physiology acquired, exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of certain delegated medical processes and procedures. The APP is additionally involved in education, consultation and research at various levels.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women in triage, walk-in labor & delivery patients
• Evaluates pregnant and postpartum women including managing all aspects of pre-natal visits
• Performs the nursing duties related to midwifery including labor and delivery care, care after birth, and newborn care.
• Educates women about different types of care available and encourages them to enhance their pregnancy by being involved.
• Orders, interprets and incorporates diagnostic tests, studies and lab values into the plan of care; evaluates effectiveness.
• Formulates appropriate diagnosis based on history, physical examination and clinical findings.
• Plans and provides care within the framework of policies, unit guidelines and privileges.
• Serves as OB/GYN team member working closely with physicians and other staff to ensure healthy pregnancies and deliveries.
• Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies according to privileges.
• Emphasizes patient education, active participation, clear communication between the provider and the women, and an individualized health care experience.
• Advocates birth education, natural childbirth, and the participation of the entire family.
• Teaches patients about all aspects of an infant’s reaction to its environment including but not limited to breast feeding and bonding.
• Communicates and documents pertinent case information in a timely and thorough manner.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Knowledge of midwifery principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family, and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Knowledge of theories of family dynamics, mother-child attachment, parenting, and adult learning concepts.
• Schedule is as needed basis, schedule is available 3 months in advance
• Participation in Holiday rotation required
Education and Experience Required:
• Master’s Degree
Continuous growth has been a recurrent theme in AdventHealth Heart of Florida. AdventHealth Heart of Florida is a 193-bed acute care facility offering a full spectrum of medical services supporting over 200 physicians representing various medical specialties.
AdventHealth Heart of Florida and AdventHealth Lake Wales are located in Polk County. Polk County is one of the fastest growing counties in Florida. Polk County is located in the center of Florida, and the east side of the county is home to Winter Haven's Chain of Lakes. Our communities are very family oriented and will enable you to enhance your quality of life by offering many activities to take part in, as well as a friendly and safe environment to raise children. It is a place where urban lifestyle, a short drive from Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Studios, other family-friendly attractions, historical sites and beaches are within reasonable driving distance.
Polk County offers year-round pleasant weather providing the perfect atmosphere for outdoor activities such as farmer’s markets, festivals, gardening, watersports, camping, golfing, tennis and running.
There are seventeen cities in Polk County offering numerous choices in public education. In addition to traditional public school curriculums, there are 31 Charter Schools, 18 Choice or Magnet Schools and five Schools of the Arts. There are 66 top private schools in Polk County.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Req ID: POL-A004-WOM-OBGYN-Repl_1
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.