AdventHealth Occupational Therapist Part Time Days in Deland, Florida
Occupational Therapist AdventHealth Deland
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland Florida 32720
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Deland
Career growth and advancement potential
Part Time, Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for direct and indirect clinical services in the occupational therapy in/outpatient areas.
- Attempts initial evaluation of newly assigned inpatients within 24 hours, or documents the reason for the inability to do so in the medical record. Uses appropriate procedures, documents the data using accepted abbreviations, set measurable goals and formulates an individualized plan of care per policy.
- Completes documentation of inpatient evaluations and treatments on the date of service. (Outpatients documentation within one week).
- Provides patient/family education and HEP’s for carryover of treatment into the home environment as observed by documentation.
- Provides age appropriate evaluation and intervention techniques to the population served. Completes annual age specific competencies specific to scope of care.
- Participates in the student affiliation program for Occupational Therapy (therapists and assistants) providing administrative and clinical supervision for same.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be proficient in computer use, comfortable with the EMR, and if responsible for OP evaluations, use of dictation systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors of Science in Occupational Therapy
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current professional license in state of Florida
- Current BLS
- Clinical Specialty certification preferred
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Provides direct and indirect Occupational Therapy services to inpatients and outpatients in the pediatric (1 year old and older), adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations. Employee is responsible to adhere to the Florida Hospital Fish Memorial Corporate Compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.