AdventHealth Registrar Full Time Overnights in Deland, Florida
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland Florida 32720
- Protects the financial standing of AdventHealth East Region by appropriately placing financial responsibilities, collecting patient portions due and arranging payments on deposits due.
- Protects patient’s PHI per Federal and State HIPAA guidelines.
- Registers all pre-clinical, clinical, Emergency Room, Inpatients, OB and Pre-Admits OB patients by gathering pertinent demographic and insurance information.
- Achieves 95% accuracy rating at conclusion of 90 day probationary period and maintains 95% accuracy on an ongoing basis.
- Calculates patient liability by reviewing pre-registration documentation, insurance verification and insurance cards.
- Completes insurance verification for all in-scope accounts and documents eligibility and benefits in insurance verification screens.
- Must have typing skills of at least 40 WPM.
- Proficiency in the performance of basic math functions, capability to communicate professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling.
- Most work is repetitive and new situations arise frequently which requires good judgment in the application of available policies and procedures. Must use good judgment and take initiative to resolve immediate or urgent problems. Must be able to act quickly when emergency situations occur such as fire, security or disaster.
- A high level of mental effort is required for entire shift. Must be able to coordinate multiple projects at the same time and maintain professional demeanor. Must be a quick learner and have excellent memory in order to process registrations in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum 6 months experience in Customer Service setting is required.
- Some experience in a hospital registration or collection area is preferred.
- Physician office experience considered beneficial as well.
This position is under the direct supervision of the Lead Registrar and Patient Access Manager. Interviews patients and/or families to complete the registration process. Pre-registers and registers patients for Outpatient, Inpatient, and Emergency Services. Obtains pre cert and/or authorizations, performs eligibility verification, requests and receipts payments of services and performs cashiering functions. Coordinates bed placement of patients with the Nursing staff. Constant contact with patients, patients’ families, physicians’ offices, insurance companies and hospital staff. Receives cross training to receive assignments in Outpatient Admissions, Inpatient Admissions, Emergency Room Registrations, and Bed Placement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.