AdventHealth RN Intake/Admissions Coord Behavioral Health Unit PRN Nights in Hendersonville, North Carolina
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national healthcare system enabling it to provide services, technologies, and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy and Own it.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
- Assesses plans, evaluates and implements admissions for all Behavioral Health units per department specific admission criteria. Reports findings to M.D. for final disposition of each call. Reports admission data, including preliminary admission diagnosis, medication administration reconciliation data, and estimated arrival information to the Charge RN on the designated inpatient unit.
- Able to work independently to facilitate both voluntary and involuntary admissions; acquiring all appropriate consents and legal documents necessary.
- Accurately follows up on Utilization Review activities, with documentation in the appropriate format.
- Able to determine preliminary discharge planning needs and type of assistance/setting/resources necessary for the patient/family. Reports information to attending physician at the time of admission.
- Able to communicate with physician regarding patient/family needs and expectations prior to admission.
- Current North Carolina RN license required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
- Behavioral Health experience preferred.
Plans, coordinates, and documents admissions for the Behavioral Health Department inpatient units. Working with the admitting physician, ensures compliance of each potential admission with JCAHO, federal and state regulations related to admission criteria for inpatient psychiatric treatment. Performs Utilization Review for each admission as needed and ensures overall compliance with follow-up UR as appropriate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.