The Social Services Director functions on behalf of the nursing home and the residents by promoting the general well-being of each resident through identification of their emotional and psychosocial needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Provides medical related social services so that each resident may attain or maintain the highest practical level of mental, physical, and psychological well-being.
· Ensures that all PASRRs are completed accurately and timely in coordination with the admissions department.
· Stays current on Federal and State regulations pertaining to social services.
· Assist the resident, responsible party, and supportive others in the adjustment and orientation to the nursing home after admission.
· Conducts psycho-social assessments of residents.
· Ensures timely documentation on each resident in the facility as required.
· Participates in each resident’s plan of care meeting. Oversees that resident/families are invited and informed of the meetings.
· Ensures a Social History is completed as required, following an admission.
· Acts as the Discharge Coordinator for the facility.
· Acts as the grievance/concern intake person for the facility.
· Provides or arranges services for psychiatric medication management and other psych services.
· Coordinates with the facility risk manager and administrator to promptly address all allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation. Assists with investigations and filing of reports as needed.
· Possesses a knowledge of the community resources available and uses them to benefit and improve the quality of care as applicable for each resident.
· Participates in community relations development.
· Attends seminars, conventions and other educational opportunities to keep informed, improve personal knowledge, and share experiences.
· Advocates for the resident and their rights, helping the resident learn assertiveness in communicating their needs, wants, and problems to the appropriate departments and agencies.
· Works with other departments, residents and/or resident’s families in providing adequate appropriate clothing for the residents.
· Assists residents in exercising their right to vote.
· Meets with other providers and services utilized by residents in the facility in preparation for discharge.
· Assists residents with financial and governmental matters such as applying for Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, funeral home arrangements, disability, etc.
· Participates in the quality assurance and performance improvement committee. Coordinates all relevant efforts in the Social Services department.
· Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Empathy and compassion
· Effective verbal and written communication
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· Astute observation skills
· Ability to follow set rules and protocols
· Time management and organizational skills
· Sense of responsibility
· Desire to work with others
· Understand and carry out exactly, detailed oral and written instructions
· Ability to keep records and make reports
· Ability to assign, observe, and evaluate those under her/his direction
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a Human Services field including but not limited to Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, and Psychology and minimum 2 years current experience as a Social Worker in a skilled nursing facility.
· In lieu of required bachelor’s degree, an Associate degree and a minimum of 7 years’ current experience as a Social Worker in a skilled nursing facility.
· Must be 18 years of age or older
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Case Management
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Celebration
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: ADH Care Center Celebration
Req ID: 21040670
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.