AdventHealth Clinical Trainer Medical Assistant FT Days in Maitland, Florida
Clinical Trainer Medical Assistant FT Days - AdventHealth Medical Group
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Medical Group
- Faith based & mission driven organization
- Central Florida’s premier multi-specialty medical group
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits such as Educational Reimbursement
- CREATION Health employee wellness and lifestyle programs
- Positive working climate to support a work life balance
- Serves as the trainer and effective mentor and educational resource to staff with emphasis on training new employees and employees identified as needing more training. Serves as an additional resource, when needed, regarding billing or coding issues at the practice.
- Participates in interviewing applicants and provides appropriate feedback to hiring manager, as needed. Provides valuable information to supervisors for employee performance evaluations, as needed.
- Demonstrates understanding of adult learning principles.
- Must maintain education requirements for position and demonstrate competency, as required
- Demonstrate understanding of adult learning principles
- Is responsible for maintaining OSHA regulatory enforcement and other office compliance
- Follows safety processes and policies to ensure appropriate care is given
- Provides and ensures patients receive whole care in all aspects of an office visit, regarding intake, test results, screenings, labs, medication administration, closure of care gaps, and all aspects necessary following AHMG policies.
- Ensures efficient office flow by preparing patient and equipment for the needed treatment and initiates testing and documents results into the practice's designated system when appropriate.
- Clinical competencies must be passed 2 x per year
- Responsible to submit all required biannual documents to maintain status
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 2 years of Medical Assistant experience required.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program through an educational institution accredited by one of the following:
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), or
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
- Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants
- American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification
- American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant
- National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant
- National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant
- National Healthcareer Association (“NHA”) for Registered Clinical Medical Assistant
- Current, valid CPR certification is required.
- Must be willing to float to other AdventHealth Medical Group practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
The Clinical Trainer Medical Assistant (MA) under limited supervision, provides appropriate training to identified clinical staff (both new and existing) who are needing additional education. This position helps with clinical orientation and competency assessment in conjunction with work performed by the Clinical Excellence Team. Serves as a lead medical assistant by epitomizing best practices in the examination of patients and assisting providers. Assists in patient education as needed. As a recognized trainer, may cover more than 1 practice through travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.