AdventHealth Emergency Dept Tech PRN - open shift in New Smyrna, Florida
Location Address: 401 Palmetto St, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth New Smyrna
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of New Smyrna Beach.
- Performs as a team member in assisting with safe and effective patient care.
- Obtains vital signs, per unit standard, and reports findings to RN/physician.
- Collects and labels lab specimens.
- Transports patients as directed by the health care team.
- Obtains 12 lead EKG’s.
- Performs blood glucose monitoring and reports findings to RN/physician.
- Removes staples/sutures, applies splints, inserts Foleys, or removes heplocks per policy as directed by nurse.
- Monitors cardiac monitors assigned and recognizes and reports rhythms/arrhythmias.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Contacts clergy/chaplain upon request by patient or staff.
- Replenishes necessary forms needed as part of the ED record on a daily basis.
- Keeps each ED record assembled and organized from the arrival through discharge.
- Attach lab, radiology results and EKG’s to chart as they become available.
- Utilizes the patient information system and enters physician orders.
- Enters physician orders for diagnostic testing and therapeutic procedures, in compliance with established policies and procedures in order of priority.
- Clarifies all unclear orders with the RN or ED physician.
- Demonstrates competency in all procedures within scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the population served. Maintain knowledge of growth and development with an understanding of the range of treatment needed by the patient.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
BLS certification required. EKG rhythm/arrhythmia interpretation class.
Prefer EMT certification or 2-3 years previous work experience in the patient care area of the ED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Computer proficiency required.
The Emergency Department Technician will be responsible for providing basic nursing care to the emergency patient utilizing judgment and skills based on knowledge acquired through didactic and clinical training. Perform clerical duties and surveillance of arrhythmia monitors. Works under the direction of the RN in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of the ED.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.