AdventHealth Endoscopy Tech Certified - Outpatient Surgery - East Orlando FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Endoscopy Technician Certified - AdventHealth East Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth East Orlando
AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area
A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience
- Annual number of emergency cases: 89,018
- Full Time, Day Shifts
- Provides safe, clean, tested and inspected items by performing the following decontamination functions: Accurately operates instrument washers; Disassembles, cleans with appropriate solutions and methods. Maintains all records relating to the monitoring and testing of the decontamination / disinfection process.
- Applies knowledge and ability for appropriate care and handling of instruments and scopes by inspecting for cleanliness, damage and proper function. Ensures leak testing is done on all scopes. Maintains records on scope and instrumentation maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of endoscopic procedures and techniques currently utilized by physicians providing care in AdventHealth Endoscopic Department.
- Utilizes knowledge of video system equipment. Troubleshoots problems with the system as needed.
- Participates in the preparation of the patient for procedures as directed by the RN. Participates in the care of all age groups from the Neonate to Geriatric. Cooperates as part of the multidisciplinary team by communicating pertinent patient information to the RN and completing assignments. May remove medications from the pneumatic tube system to immediately deliver to the RN or to secure in the medication room.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- High school graduate or GED
- Graduate of school of surgical technology, or LPN program, or military program
- Experience working with patients in an acute care setting.
- Experience with decontamination and disinfection of equipment and instrumentation.
- Completion of SGNA Associates program for non-surgical tech / LPN employees
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- SGNA Advanced Associates Certification
- BLS (Basic Life Support) Certification
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- High school graduate or GED
- Central Processing Certification by IAHCSMM – International Association for Healthcare Central Service and Materials Management, or CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing Department
Under supervision, an Endoscopy technician assists with the patient care in the Endoscopy procedure room by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Is responsible for the maintenance, care, disinfection of all scopes and equipment. Provides care to age specific patients as defined by unit standards of care. Adheres to AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, State and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. The Apopka Endotech in cost center 0220 performs EKG procedures as assigned, and provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture under the supervision of the professional nurse. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.