AdventHealth Paramedic Transport FT Nights in Orlando, Florida
EMS Paramedic AdventHealth Orlando
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
• Full Time 3 12’s Nights
- Helps in completing medication, supplies and equipment inventories each shift, restocking as needed. Completes and submits logs as per department protocol. Keeps the work environment clean and organized. Maintains the unit in a constant state of readiness.
- Utilizes a working knowledge of the service areas and takes the most direct route to reach a destination. Operates emergency vehicles safely in a variety of weather and emergent conditions in accordance to established safety standards. Effectively communicates delays and updates to dispatch. Immediately reports any damage or vehicle issues to the supervisor.
- Documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and AH policy. Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Works as a team member, able to effectively communicate with other health care members. Provides a complete verbal and written document for hand off of care and patient safety.
- Follows department SOPs (standard operating procedures), treatment protocols’ and use of available resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a Paramedic program.
- One year patient care experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Associates of Science (AS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Health Related Field.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Valid Florida State Licensure, Department of Health as a Paramedic
- Valid Class "E" Florida Driver's license, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with AH policy.
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Basic life support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Critical Care Paramedic Certificate
- Instructor status in one AHA certification ALCS/PALS
Under general supervision the Paramedic is a professional team member responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The Paramedic provides basic and advanced life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and on line medical control. Works as a team member during transport and assess and provides patient care per department protocols. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.