AdventHealth Patient Care Tech II Multiple Department Multiple Shifts in Orlando, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando • serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America • AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country • We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing patient care tasks under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures in accordance with department policy.
- Participates in obtaining a nursing history. Reports abnormalities to RN.
- Assists in identifying needs and developing/modifying plan of care.
- Performs treatments according to policy and procedure. Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies.
What You Will Need:
- Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, OR Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Florida RN license
- Cost centers 6290 and 6470: Florida Nursing Assistant Certification, ORCertified or Registered Medical Assistant with comparable hospital experience, OR Paramedic/EMT certification, OR Florida RN license
- BLS certification
- Nursing Assistant training is required or successful completion of either practical nurse fundamentals or comparable experience upon review
- Must be cross trained in one of the following areas: Health Unit Coordinator (HUC), Monitor Tech or Phlebotomy
- High school graduate
- Experience working with patients in an acute care setting
The Patient Care Tech works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the AdventHealth Orlando Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.