YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: M-F rotating positions weekly beginning at 6am, 7am, 7:30am, and 8am depending on position.
Location : 2501 N Orange Ave Suite 481, Orlando, Fl 327804
The community you’ll be caring for:
• Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
• We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage
• Career growth and advancement potential
• Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
• AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
• We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Primary responsibility is the provision of medication distributive functions and pharmacy operational tasks, which includes but is not limited to assisting the pharmacist with all duties of preparing and dispensing of medications, inventory management, and regulatory compliance. Performs duties necessary for the effective daily operation of all department services and programs. Accurately responds to medication dispensing requests, prepares medications for pharmacist final review/check, delivers checked medications, and returns unused or expired medications to appropriate pharmacy areas. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Actively performs all pharmacy technician functions and maintains active proficiency in standard work parameters, hospital and pharmacy specific computer systems, and operational programs
• Maintains operational expertise and competency in, and actively provides coverage of at least two of the following:
Decentral/ Automated Dispensing Cabinet delivery pharmacy operations
Controlled substances handling
• Participates in appropriate utilization of medication automation, technology, and computer systems. Maintains expertise in electronic medical records processed and accurately interprets records.
• Supports automated dispensing cabinet inventory management and maintains proficiency to trouble shoot cabinet issues
• Accurately completes medication inventories and accurately prepares and dispenses patient‐specific medication doses. Prevents improper drug, dose, dosage form selection, expiration dating, and barcode scanning issues when checking products
• Understands how to handle process and appropriately dispose of all waste materials, including all levels of hazardous waste, within the department. Knowledgeable about the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Hazardous Medication Spill Kits in the event of a hazardous medication spill.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Please be advised that all licenses and certifications listed are not required. If you only have one or some of those listed, you may still be eligible for this position
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High School Grad
Applicable State Pharmacy Technician Registration (RPT) OR Current, valid State Pharmacist Intern license if applicable to state
Sterile Compounding Certification, if applicable per state legislation
Associates degree or technical degree in a related field or specific certification related to the position, preferably in a physical science, business or healthcare
One year of contemporary hospital pharmacy, retail or ambulatory experience
Current certification from Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or from the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 22025627
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.