AdventHealth Polysomnographer - PRN in Orlando, Florida
Polysomnographer - PRN- AdventHealth Orlando
Location Address: 601 EAST ROLLINS STREET
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
- Performs quality sleep recordings by collecting, analyzing, and integrating pertinent patient history information, properly preparing the patient according to age, conducting the examination, and preparing the recording for the physician interpretation.
- Implements appropriate interventions, including actions necessary for patient safety and therapeutic intervention such as continuous and/or bi-level positive airway pressure (PAP) and Oxygen administration.
- Adheres to hospital infection control and safety standards
- Accurately documents, posts, and charges for procedures to ensure quality standards set by the department and hospital.
- Receives and gives report clearly to communicate patient care information to provide optimal care.
- Minimum six months’ polysomnography experience or successful completion of a sleep program.
- Current CPR / BLS Certification.
- Associate’s degree or higher in healthcare science related field (Preferred)
- Experience with Nihon Kohden equipment and software (Preferred)
- Certification as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist through the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) OR Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) (Preferred)
Performs quality sleep studies for all patients under minimal supervision in order to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. Facilitates all aspects of study completion and reporting. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Is knowledgeable in and carries out all applicable processes of the department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.