AdventHealth Registered Nurse Clinical Research Coordinator II Pediatric Oncology FT Days in Orlando, Florida
Clinical Research Coordinator I RN FT Days
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
You Will Be Responsible For:
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don’t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
The Clinical Research Coordinator I (RN) is involved in all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing eligibility, and coordinating the care and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs. Specific activities to include: Research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve, provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies, and the coordination of biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) through collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, laboratory teams, hospital departments to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
Through collaboration with research assistants and/or clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems. Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents. Serves as the study-specific clinical point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Execute and coordinate the informed consent process for AdventHealth Research Institute participants in clinical trials and research studies across multiple locations. This may require travel between sites and research laboratories, and/or the use of technology.
- • Delivers safe care and demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all participants. Maintains adequate skills in clinical competencies including but not limited to physical assessment, phlebotomy and IV insertion. Practices the principles of Universal Precautions. Understands and abides by HIPAA regulations.
- • Maintains a clean, prepared clinical space. May perform set-up and turnover procedures in all clinical areas, per SOP’s, in a timely manner.
- • Participates in internal and/or external training programs to maintain licensure.
- • Responsible for all aspects of research conducted including patient screening, assessing (clinical) eligibility, and coordinating the care and follow-up of volunteers placed on research studies, trials, and programs.
- • Coordinate research participant recruitment and consenting for the therapeutic areas they serve
- • Provision of concierge level service for all patient facing interactions during the course of clinical trials and research studies
- • Coordinate or perform biospecimen collection (i.e. blood, tissue) and maintain HIPAA protected database connecting patient information to biospecimens used in research; perform patient chart review and data collection.
- • Collaborative interaction with Clinical Research nursing staff, Research Services, laboratory teams, hospital departments, and physician offices, to ensure ongoing regulatory and protocol compliance.
- • Through collaboration with assistant clinical coordinators, ensures compliant data entry/data mining into registries, patient records, and research specific database systems.
- • Assists Principal Investigators and research staff in the development of compliant research protocols and other control documents.
- • Serves as the study-specific clinical point of contact for participants, investigators, research staff, hospital departments and external research partners.
- • Collaborate with clinical research supervisors and staff to implement standard operating procedures (SOP) for the Institutes research division intended to meet standards. Ensures all patient-facing activities are compliant with clinical research standards and AHRI procedures.
- • Maintain sensitivity to cost containment measures by conserving hospital supplies, equipment, and human resources while overseeing proposed project budgets from internal and external funding sources.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to perform clinical tasks including assisting physician, ARNP and CRN with minor procedures and other study requirements within scope of practice.
- Ability to acclimate and integrate into various clinical settings as needed per protocol
- Demonstrated skills in clinical competencies including physical assessment, phlebotomy, IV insertion and administration of investigational drugs in accordance with AdventHealth Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced clinical or research environment
- Interpersonal communication skills; ability to interact and maintain good relationships with a broad spectrum of healthcare disciplines and the public under all circumstances
- Detail oriented and has teamwork skills; motivated, organized, ability to perform multiple tasks in a timely manner, and work efficiently under pressure
- Simultaneously executes and coordinate multiple clinical trials and function independently; perform diverse clinical and clerical duties
- Specialized knowledge of the unique needs of patients undergoing treatment in research trials including device management trials
- Ability to be a critical thinker with an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Minimum of two to five years leveraging knowledge of human life sciences/biomedical research; physiological, cellular, biochemical, or molecular biology
- Minimum two to five years understanding and leveraging of standard clinical practices with regard to informed consent, biospecimen collection, and handling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and Internet knowledge and skill
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Demonstrated proficiencies in clinical study coordination across a spectrum of trial acuities.
• Knowledge of Federal regulations: Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associate degree in Nursing
- • Minimum 2 years of Clinical Research experience • Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- • Experience in area of specialty, as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current, active State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC) (per the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) or Society of Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA))
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Other certification as applicable to clinical degree or program (i.e. medical assistant, medical technician, phlebotomy)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.