AdventHealth RN I.V. Therapist I Per Diem in Orlando, Florida
* IV Therapist AdventHealth Venous Access Services Orlando*
* Location Address:* 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
* Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando*
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Work Hours/Shift:*
- Per Diem
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Performs properly, legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy. Performs venous access related procedures within the scope of practice of the RN licensure. Functions appropriately in Code Blue and other clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions. Interprets and verifies physician orders, investigates questionable situations. Demonstrates continuous competency in the specific procedures related to venous access and infusion therapy. Provides expert resourcing to staff nurses and other departments as consulted.
- Obtains patient assessment, evaluating diagnosis, previous medical history, existing infusion related complications, and ordered therapy as relates to current venous access consult. Assesses and interprets data relative to patients’ age and infusion therapy and venous access needs.
- Identifies individualized plan of care based on patients’ needs related to both infusion therapy and the venous access consult and intervenes appropriately. Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with assessment.
- Evaluates the need for and provides patient teaching in all aspects of the venous access specialty.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Accurately documents and monitors activities as needed. Reflects a working knowledge of Florida Hospital’s Policies and Procedures in daily activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Communicates with Department Supervisor, Clinical Specialist, or Educator as needed to enhance excellence in the delivery of patient care.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate from a School of Nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification
- Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
- VA-BC (Venous Access-Board Certified) (Preferred)
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; see document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements) (Preferred)
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Venous Access RN is a registered professional nurse validated as a Vascular Access Specialist, who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total vascular access care to all age groups as identified in the direct care responsibilities. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating), in achieving the goals of the Venous Access Services department. Communicates with Department Supervisor, Clinical Specialist or Educator as needed to enhance excellence in the delivery of patient care.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Rehabilitation Services
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.