AdventHealth Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech in Palm Coast, Florida
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech FT Days/AdventHealth Palm Coast Work Hours/Schedule Full Time/Days
Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech FT Days/AdventHealth Palm Coast
You will be responsible for:
- Monitors all cardiac oscilloscopes on assigned unit.
- Recognizes rhythms/arrhythmia’s and takes appropriate action.
- Documents rhythm stripes per unit policy
- Completes annual basic arrhythmia interpretation and utilization of monitoring equipment.
- Assembles and maintains the medical record.
- Completely assembles a medical record for each patient admitted.
- Acts as a communication liaison for the patient, family and interdisciplinary health care team.
- Protects the rights of all patients; maintains confidentiality of all patient-related information
What you will need:
- Must be familiar with medical terminology and arrhythmia identification.
- Computer proficiency required.
- High school graduate or equivalent who has completed basic arrhythmia identification testing.
- BLS certification required
Performs clerical duties, maintains patient medical records and responsible for surveillance of arrhythmia monitors on assigned unit. Works under the direction of registered nurse or manager in compliance with established process standards, structure standards and protocols of assigned unit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.